February 13, 2009

Old School Friday: Mo' Better Blues

The theme for this week's Old School Friday meme is: It's the Blues Baby! It seemed like an odd selection since we are this close to Valentine's Day. However, my first thought went to a Spike Lee movie that had a remarkable sound track. Do y'all recall Mo' Better Blues?





Of course, the song that took my heart was sung by Cynda Williams.






I imagine that most Villagers have seen this movie. What was your favorite scene in the movie?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great choices Villager!

I had forgotten about that, but you're right. There was some fabulous music in that movie, and Cynda absolutely tore it up. Mo' Better Blues indeed, and my man Bleek...

Hey Shae! said...

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is Cynda's part. Love your choice this week!

Marvalus said...

Mo Better Blues is one of those movies that you lose yourself in...the music is fabulous!

Great choices!

SjP said...

::sighing:: Love this movie and the music. Great choices!

Old School Fridays said...

I have these songs memorized and engraved on my heart. I think you knocked it out of the park, and if this was a contest you would win. Why I didn't think of these two songs, I can't explain.

Great Choices, by far the best surprise, glad I saved the best for last....

Unknown said...

I recently watched this movie and I love when Cynda Williams sings that song! To me that is the best scene in the movie.
And I love the music!

Unknown said...

All - Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my meme entry this week. I must admit that my favorite part of the movie is a prurient part ... do any of y'all remember the balcony scence? :)

This was one of the top movies from Spike Lee in my view...