September 8, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: MFSB, 'Mysteries of the World'


Most villagers know that I was a radio disc jockey during my college days. I was known as the 'Wizard of Soul and Mind' on KUCR 88.1 FM. I had a great time as the voice inside of your radio. For a number of months I would open each show with an instrumental by MFSB called, 'Mysteries of the World'. Instrumentals were the best way to open the show ... they allowed you to talk over them with whatever monologue you had that day.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning with a strong desire to share this one with y'all. I hope you enjoy the vibe!





Womanist Musings created a weekly meme today called Tune In Tuesday. She noted that our blogs often deal with serious issues and it might be nice to lighten the atmosphere every once in awhile. Music has the ability to trigger happy memories and much of our lives are marked by song. To that end each Tuesday this blog intends to offer a song and tell you about what it triggers for me and in return you are welcome to share any memories that you have associated with it.

2 comments:

DNLee said...

can't think of any songs to post on my page, but this is a great idea/meme.

Related to the happy memories - but no song, I posted an article today about a childhood remembrance of Mimosa trees in my grand mother's backyard. If you and your readers are interested in some visual therapy as well check it out. Mimosa trees

Unknown said...

DNLee - I'm heading over to see your Mimosa tree story. I hope you consider participating in this meme on future weeks...