April 16, 2011

Tea Party Activist Circulates Racist Email About President Obama and His Parents

The so-called 'birther' movement has taken another step into the abyss. It seems that Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the Orange County Republican Party leadership, sent out a racist email to her Republican Party cronies. [SOURCE]

Written under the words, “Now you know why — No birth certificate!”, is an Obama family portrait depicting his parents as chimpanzees.

When asked if she thought the email was appropriate, Davenport is quoted as saying,
Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people–mostly people I didn’t think would be upset by it.”



'I Have Friends Who Are Black'


Anytime you utter those words ... you've proven yourself to be a racist!

Our nation is definitely having a difficult time pulling itself to a post-racial perspective in politics. The examples of politicians going public with their racist thoughts is growing:
I imagine that this list could go on for days.  Anyhow, it's my belief that people like Marilyn Davenport should not be in positions of political leadership.   I hope that her colleagues in the Orange County Republican Party agree ... I hope that they call for her immediate resignation!

5 comments:

Reggie said...

Those people are forever proclaiming their innocence where racism is concerned and yet this shit is forever occuring.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then it's a damned duck!!!

BlackHand said...

People like Marilyn and the other verbal gaffers in Orange County drift further from reality daily. In Costa Mesa, there's a revolt against four city councilmen. The councilmen got "a taste of Wisconsin" and decided to cut half the city workforce. One worker jumped to his death the day that he received his notice. What did the Councilmen do? Party at one of their buddy's Irish bars on St. Patrick's Day!

Demography and stupidity like this is going to come crashing down hard on the local GOP here, and they are going to flip the freak out.

Unknown said...

Reggie - After awhile you begin to wonder if our country will ever overcome the issue of race? Tea Party, Donald Trump and this lady in Orange County are constant reminders of how race is a driving force in our nation ... especially in its politics.

BlackHand - I used to live in Costa Mesa when I worked at federal building in Santa Ana. I didn't realize the revolt/recall effort of the city council there. Keep us informed and let us know if there is anything we can do with this blog to be helpful.

***** said...

The majority of racists do not wear white hoods anymore, they wear white T-shirts and sagging trousers.

Unknown said...

**** - I agree that the Ku Klux Klan has moved away from the white hoods ... but, I wasn't aware that they were now wearing baggy trousers.