May 20, 2012

Rest In Peace: Randy 'Macho Man' Savage (1952-2011)

How many villagers will admit that they were fans of televised wrestling at some point in their life? I admit that I was a big fan of the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) back in the day. My favorite wrestler was The Undertaker. However, I also enjoyed the antics of Ravishing Rick Rude and and Randy 'Macho Man' Savage.

That is why I was very sad to learn that the Randy Savage died on this day in 2011 from a car accident. It appears that he suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel ... and lost control of his vehicle. He was killed as a result of his injuries. His wife, Lynn, was rushed to a local hospital and she appears to have suffered only minor injuries.

I suppose that many of you may not remember the 'Macho Man'. Here is a video that may give you an idea of what he used to do in the ring:





Rest in Peace Macho Man!

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

awwww. THats so sad. I am going to miss those old slim jim commercials. awww randy not you. **sigh** lets just be happy he doesnt have to be alive suffering from his injuries.

Unknown said...

It's Very Dark Here - I don't remember the Slim Jim commercials but I do remember the strained way that Macho Man would talk. I always wondered if he talked like that in his real life?! I'm sad to see that he is no longer with us...